Perfect Vision - ORGANIZATIONAL VISION DEVELOPS INCREMENTALLY. SHOULDN'T THE SOFTWARE SUPPORTING THAT VISION DO THE SAME?
What Is perfect vision?
Perfect Vision is our “Just-In-Time” approach to software development that focuses on delivering the highest priority software features when the business needs them. Perfect Vision provides an organization with confidence in knowing their applications are flexible enough to adapt to market and business changes as the software is being developed.
Organization vision develops incrementally. Shouldn’t the software supporting that vision do the same?
Principles of Perfect Vision
The principles of Perfect Vision reflect an agile approach to software development designed to maintain quality and flexibility throughout the life of an application while lowering the cost of Software In Process (SIP). SIP is defined as any part of application development that is not in production and is therefore not adding value to the business. Common examples of these include certain unnecessary documentation, overhead and untested or unreleased features. Perfect Vision activities are broadly divided into categories of Planning and Development although in practice, the principles complement one another throughout every step of the process on an iterative basis.
- Understand the business processes and how they interact.
- Create optimal requirements artifacts that enable both the technical and business domain team members to agree on the overall goal of the project.
- Identify and prioritize the highest-valued features of the application.
- Conduct release meetings to plan features scheduled for delivery within one or two week iterations.
- Decide upon standards to follow throughout development.
- Deliver working features enabling all stakeholders, including business domain experts and end users, to provide continuous feedback.
- Ensure quality and lower long-term maintenance costs by taking a test-driven approach to development.
- Deliver frequent releases encouraging feedback early and often and perform continuous system integration.
- Measure and track project velocity by comparing actual to estimated development time to manage the project schedule.
- Track and report all project metrics including velocity, burndown and health.
"Outsourcing made sense to us but we needed confidence that our technology was in good hands."
Carlos Quesada, CIO, GENESYS
Bottom line, as Perfect Vision delivers a continuous flow of software features it also produces regular, reliable data describing the health and velocity of the software project on a real-time basis. Managers use this data to predict when the project will be complete or when the next release will be ready; to properly allocate staff, adjust scope and manage goal dates and expectations.
Measurable data means better communication and more predictable results.
Developers are allowed to focus on the job of developing software, and with the data produced from Perfect Vision, managers can do something they previously found elusive – they can manage.
Let us show you how to have Perfect Vision
The best way to find out if this unique approach is for you is to contact Visionpace at email@example.com or call 816-350-7900 or 888-904-7900 and ask to speak with someone about Perfect Vision.